Peanut Butter & Jelly
Cookies & Milk
Cheese & Crackers
Ladies & gents, you’re gonna want to take a seat for this. . .
Pimento Cheese & Biscuits.
I’m not sure why it took me nearly 50 years to learn about this pairing, but now that I know it’s my duty and honor to share the love. Thank you Garden & Gun Magazine for schooling me on the best culinary invention since sliced bread. Promise me, you’ll make these biscuits. And, then share the love, too! Take a basket to a neighbor or invite them for brunch. I have it on good authority pimento cheese biscuits pair well with a fizzy glass of Prosecco.Print
Pimento Cheese Biscuits
Delight family, neighbors, and friends with an incomparable southern pairing.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. diced pimentos
- Melted butter for brushing the tops
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir in mayonnaise and milk until the flour is moistened. Stir in cheese and pimentos. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush the tops with melted butter.