Provencal Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 – 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs stew meat, 2″-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small dutch oven, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove garlic with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add beef to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
- Add wine to pan, bring to a boil and scrape browned bits. Add garlic, beef and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 300 for 2 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve with crunchy French bread or over wide noodles.