The Best Black-Eyed Pea Recipe
- 1 (14-oz) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8–10 jarred jalapeños slices
- 4–5 drops Cholula Hot Sauce (or more!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices crumbled bacon (optional) or
- 1/4 cup cooked chorizo (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add half of the black-eyed peas. Mash with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Add the remaining black-eyed peas and additional ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a small baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly around the edges.
- Serve warm with Fritos or tortilla chips.