Slow Cooker + Tacos = Magic
“Moooooooooom, what’s for dinner?” says every kid, every night.
Tonight I have an answer: pulled pork mojito tacos.
Lately, I’ve been winning in the dinner department. Wanna hear my secret? The slow cooker. It’s magic. Pure magic.
Prep it in the morning, pop it into the slow cooker and voila. Eight hours later when your kiddos are starving, there is no slaving over a hot stove to be had–dinner’s ready to go!
Let your slow cooker do the work, friends. But feel free to take the credit for this favorite dish.
What’s your go-to slow cooker recipe?
If you need inspiration, check out more of our favorite one pot wonders.Print
Pulled Pork Mojito Tacos
Let your slow cooker do the work — but you take the credit for this favorite dish!
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup canned chopped green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ½-oz each) chicken broth
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- Cut roast in half. Combine the salt, oregano, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over pork. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add the half of the chopped cilantro, onions, chilies, and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth, orange juice, and lime juice over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices; set aside 3 cups juices. Discard remaining juices. Shred pork and return to slow cooker. Stir in remaining cilantro and reserved cooking juices. Keep on low until ready to serve.
We love tacos! I look forward to trying the recipe. Saved, pinned, and printed! Have a great day!
Thanks, Robin. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Will have to try this! Looks amazing!
Yummy! Sounds great! Slow cookers are the best. (Does anyone even call them ‘crock pots’ anymore?) LOL.
Ha! I had to quit saying “crock pot” when Tuesday Morning released The Turquoise Table slow cooker. “Crock Pot” is the brand and I’m not allowed to say it! It’s like calling all soda “coke”. 🙂
What all is in that taco? It looks so amazing.
Dea Moore says
Made this with a pork tenderloin I had in the fridge and it turned out great. (I didn’t have cilantro and it was still good.) I scooped out some of the juices and added them to rinsed canned black beans to perk them up and served the tacos with spicy/creamy slaw and a squirt of tangy bq sauce. I’m trying to leave comments on blogs when I actually cook the recipe. My hubs asked for me to put it in the make again file! Thanks for sharing the love.
When my kids asked “What’s for dinner?”, my answer was always “something delicious!”
Karen Jordan-Markham says
In the crock pot right now…
Love your adds Dea….
My niece made this last night and the four of us devoured it all. She also fries some cheese that is browned on to the taco before adding the pork and tops the filling with sauteed onions. Yum!
Timothy Woods says
Pulled pork is the best taco stuffing ever!