There is something about this soup that is just downright cozy. It’s such a humble soup, with only a handful of ingredients. And, I bet you have most of these simple ingredients on hand.
The smooth, creamy soup tastes just like a loaded baked potato, and the Littles love picking their favorite toppings. I love that a warm and hearty soup is waiting in the Crock Pot at the end of a long day. You can’t beat a dinner that practically cooks itself. How easy is that?Print
Baked Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker
Baked Potato Soup in the Crock Pot is an easy crowd-pleasing supper sure to delight on a chilly, winter night.
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Soup
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 – inch thick (about 8–10 Russet)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (32 oz) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Toppings of your choice: freshly grated cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, jalapeños.
- Layer sliced potatoes in a 6 quart slow cooker. Add the chopped onions. Pour the broth over the potatoes and onions. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When potatoes are tender, mash mixture with a potato masher.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 more minutes, or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
What is your favorite easy, but satisfying dinner right now? If you blog, share a link to your recipe. If not, tell us in the comments. I know we could all use a little inspiration for supper.
(Updated March 29, 2019)