Three Bean Salad
Summer is the perfect time for potlucks, casual summer suppers, and dishes bursting with garden flavors. It’s also a time to savor memories of summers past. My favorite memories are of long summer nights chasing fireflies and running laps around my grandparent’s fenceless yard.
What’s your favorite food memory?Print
Calico Three Bean Salad
Shared with love from Lauren Flake. Her mother’s favorite summer salad, adapted from The Fredericksburg Home Kitchen Cookbook. Perfect for a summer potluck or easy dinner at The Turquoise Table.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can yellow wax beans, drained
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup salad oil (I used canola oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix beans, green pepper, onion, and celery.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Pour over bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.