Three Bean Salad
Summer is the perfect time for potlucks, casual summer suppers, and dishes bursting with garden flavors. It’s also a time to savor memories of summers past. My favorite memories are of long summer nights chasing fireflies and running laps around my grandparent’s fenceless yard.
What’s your favorite food memory?
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can yellow wax beans, drained
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup salad oil (I used canola oil)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix beans, green pepper, onion, and celery.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Pour over bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.