This page may contain affiliate links.
I got tagged for this meme by amamgets over at life its ownself. I’m not really sure what a meme is, except that you are supposed to answer the questions. For those of you who read this, you are supposed to answer the same questions in your own blog. So, here goes….
1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4: “When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces.” Genesis 15:17
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch: The Spring Boden catalog or my pink ipod.
3.What is the last thing you watched on TV? Grey’s Anatomy
4.Without looking, guess what time it is: 4:10 p.m.
5.Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 4:32 p.m.
6.With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Little girls giggling (two seconds ago it was fighting) and a make-believe Darth Vader running through the house.
7.When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Ten minutes ago. I was saying good-bye to the tile guys, hello to a friend picking up her daughter and good-bye to Mia. It’s cold outside.
8.Before you started this survey, what did you look at? My email.
9.What are you wearing? My workout clothes from this morning. Black shorts, long white t-shirt and REI fuzzy vest.
10.Did you dream last night? I don’t think so.
11. When did you last laugh? Earlier this afternoon with DD and her friend at Russell’s Bakery. They were enjoying valentine cupcakes and talking to each other, giggling and telling jokes. I actually belly laughed at one of their jokes.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Hmmm. Lots of bookshelves. All bookshelves except for the window. Books, photographs, objets d’art, stuff that needs to find a home…
13. Seen anything weird lately? Can’t think of anything off the top of my head. How boring is that?
14. What do you think of this quiz? Kinda fun. The verdict is still out for me on meme’s. What is MEME an acronym for anyway?
15. What is the last film you saw? At the theatre? This is embarrassing…either the airport flick with Tom Hanks or the one where he is stranded on the island and talks to a soccer ball. Those are the last two movies I’ve seen in a theatre. Oh, I take that back. I saw Madagascar with the kids.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? We’d probably give most of it to the church, then to the University of Texas, and then we’d make sure our children’s educations were funded. After that I don’t know…maybe weekly massages for life?!?!?!
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know. I lived in Siberia, sang “Crazy” with a Rastafarian saxophone player in the metro in Paris for money, and took Japanese for a year in college.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? I wish every child had a home. And, I would adopt as many as I could physically, emotionally and financially take in.
19. Do you like to dance? Not really. If I could look like Ginger and Fred I might think more of it. But, I only look natural hollerin’ “Bullshit!” at the Cotton-Eyed Joe.
20.George Bush: Regardless of what you think of him as President, he actually looks pretty cute in running shorts.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Exactly what I named her. If we had a third little girl, I’d want to name her Vivian after my grandmother.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? Exactly what I named him. If we ever have another, we’d like to name him Boyd for Husband’s family.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad? BTDT. Absolutely! I would love for our family to go somewhere for a year. What an experience of a lifetime…nothing books or lectures can teach you.
24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates? “Well Done My Good and Faithful Servant. Welcome Home.”
25. 4 people who must also do this meme in THEIR journal: anyone who reads this far, consider yourself tagged!
I took you up on your tagging for the meme. 🙂 I’m at http://hereandthere123.blogspot.com
Is that a cool line from Genesis or what? Taken on its own, it could be from all sorts of books– that would be a fun imagination expedition.