I know what you’re thinking — raspberry and cheddar? Together? For breakfast?
Let me tell you YES! A thousand times yes. These sweet and savory bites could easily pass for dessert, but let’s just call them breakfast, m’kay?
Surprise your family or drop off a dish of Raspberry Cheddar Breakfast Bars to a neighbor. Be sure to save a bar or two for your morning coffee. You’re welcome.
With the holidays upon us, I love finding quick and easy recipes to have on hand. I hope you find a reason to whip these up soon too. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together cheese, butter, and sugar. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- Place half the dough in the bottom of a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Press dough gently with fingertips to form a crust. Cover the dough generously with raspberry jam. Sprinkle remaining dough on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the breakfast bars are slightly browned. Cut into squares and serve with morning coffee.