My Monday morning gift to you, friends. Because everyone knows bacon is the best way to say I love you. And, the dates? Well they cheer have a good week.
I wish I could make enough bacon wrapped dates to feed you all. Promise you’ll try these delicious bites for an appetizer or decadent snack.
Feel free to embellish by filling the center of the dates with whatever strikes your fancy. We are quite fond of adding blue cheese, almonds and spicy Italian sausage.Print
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Sweet and savory bites of pure love
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizer, snack
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- optional fillings:
- blue cheese crumbles
- spicy Italian sausage
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If adding a filling, stuff each date.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon.
- Bacon can be secured with toothpicks, but it’s not necessary.
- Bake dates on prepared baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, rotating the dates half-way through cooking.
- Cook dates until bacon is crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
You might also like these Sauteed Medjool Dates.
Have a great week.