A few weeks ago, Husband and I went to Jackson Hole to fly fish The Snake River. On our last day, we stopped in town before our flight home. We treated ourselves to a scrumptious homemade peanut butter cup we bought at a tiny ice cream shop on the town square. Needless to say, I’ve had peanut butter cups on the brain ever since. I’ve updated the traditional recipe replacing powdered sugar with organic, raw honey and regular chocolate with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips which are dairy, gluten and soy free. And I added a bit of unsweetened, shredded coconut for texture, not taste.
The Littles helped me make these delicious homemade peanut butter cups. This is a perfect no bake recipe for older children to learn. Even Littlest helped stir the coconut into the peanut butter. She was most thoughtful to lick the bowl clean, too.
I topped a few of the peanut butter cups with sea salt flakes which I loved. The Littles just thought it was weird. You be the judge.
I imagine a dark chocolate, almond butter version of these decadent cups in the near future. . .
What do you think?Print
Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Cups
Quick and easy, homemade peanut butter cups are a delicious treat. Easily made gluten, dairy, and soy free by using Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1/2 cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon organic, raw honey
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, coconut, and honey until well combined.
- Place the mini chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave 1 minute. Stir chocolate and continue to heat in 15 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each mini muffin cups to form the bottom layer of the peanut butter cups. You will use less than half of the chocolate for the bottom layers.
- Add the peanut butter mixture by the teaspoonful to each chocolate lined cup.
- Pour remaining chocolate evenly onto each peanut butter filled cup. The chocolate should cover the peanut butter.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator until the peanut butter cups have hardened, about 30 minutes.