Try Roasting Pumpkin Seeds For A Healthy Snack
Surely there will be no shortage of sweets in your house this week. If you’re like me, you need a healthy alternative to all those bite-sized chocolate treats.
Luckily fall’s most popular decoration pulls double-duty as a resource for a healthy snack, too. Yes, I’m talking about pumpkins. You can scoop the seeds straight from the pumpkin or from the bulk bin at your local grocery store.
Pumpkin seeds contain health benefits like antioxidants and minerals. So, if you are trying to slow down on Snickers, but still need a handful of something to satisfy, try these savory roasted pumpkin seeds for your snacking pleasure. Roasted pumpkin seeds make a great topping for soups and are a flavorful addition to salads.Print
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dry
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in melted butter. Add paprika and sea salt. Stir to coat seeds evenly.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are great on their own as a snack. Or try sprinkling them in salads, over pasta or as a garnish to soups for an unexpected, seasonal crunch.