Hello, lover! Where have you been all my life?
Don’t get excited, Husband is the main man. I’m talking about my new love and obsession for stir fry cauliflower rice. I’ve long been a fan of cauliflower — we’ve roasted with olive oil and garlic, gone crazy with the curry*, and pureed into soups.
I’m at a loss for words.
If you’ve never made cauliflower rice, it’s simple. I know, I know… you have to pull out the food processor. But, it’s totally worth the hassle for this quick, healthy dish.
Take a head of cauliflower. Rough chop it. Then, pulse in the food processor until the veggie resembles rice. Simply stir fry the cauliflower, like you would rice, adding your favorite veggies and protein. It’s a great way to use left over steak or grilled chicken.
You could get all fancy and add cilantro and sliced green onions as a garnish. Or, use chopsticks instead of forks. Hypothetically, I guess you could also not tell the family until after they oooh and ahhh with approval of your clever bait & switch from rice to a VEGETABLE.
For what it’s worth Husband and all four Littles love stir fry cauliflower rice. At the risk of jinxing myself, let me repeat — our entire family LOVES this recipe. Dare I add that I double this recipe and enjoy left-overs for lunch the next day?
That’s a miracle right there folks.
Stir Fry Cauliflower Rice
Delicious stir fry with a healthy twist — substitute cauliflower for rice! All the flavor of the classic Chinese food favorite.
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS garlic
- 8 oz beef or chicken (optional) — if I omit protein I add 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or julienned
- 1 head cauliflower, riced in food processor
- 1 cup peas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3–4 TBS soy sauce
- In a food processor, chop cauliflower until consistency of rice.
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add beef or chicken (optional). Add 1 cup carrots. Stir until coated in oil. Add cauliflower rice. Stir until combined. Add peas. Stir. Make a well in the center of pan. Add the eggs and lightly scramble. Stir into the rice to combine. Add soy sauce. Serve.