In the name of good health, I opt to roast potatoes in lieu of frying. Sometimes my baked fries turned out mushy. Mushy and fries do not go well together.
An angel, let’s call her Betty Crocker, spoke to me and revealed a tip for perfectly oven roasted potato fries.
“Do not be afraid! Perfectly crispy oven baked potatoes are possible. All you have to do is. . .”
Then she disappeared.
Luckily, my cooking angel left a pot of potatoes parboiling on the stove. A quick boil is the secret to perfectly crisp oven baked potatoes.
Feel free to experiment with the seasonings on these potatoes. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt is yummy and if you happen to live in Big D, you know that Jack’s Burger House Seasoning is the best thing for fries since ketchup. You can buy the Burger House Seasoned Salt on their website. It’s a staple in our house.Print
Crispy Oven Baked Potato Bites
Parboiling your spuds before baking is the secret to perfectly crisp oven baked potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Sides
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs new potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and boil 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes into a colander.
- Melt butter and olive oil in the cooking pot. Pour drained potatoes back into pot. Add garlic salt and pepper. Stir until the potatoes are coated.
- Place potatoes skin side up on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until perfectly crispy.
Want more recipes? We’ve got you covered: