A warm salad? Stop the presses. We’ve tossed romaine on the grill before (remember that deliciousness??) But, I never would have dreamed up the likes of this recipe!
I got it from one of my favorite chefs, Joshua McFadden. If you need a little cooking inspiration, his new cookbook Six Seasons is FABULOUS. And, y’all, who would imagine that The Turquoise Table would be hanging out side-by-side with him on the Amazon Best Sellers list?!?!
I’m honored we’re in such great company. Y’all DID THAT!! Thank you for continuing to help The Turquoise Table movement grow and flourish.
Give this recipe a try & let me know what your people think!
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head radicchio (3/4 pound), cored and coarsely shredded
- 5 ounces arugula
- ¼ pound Crucolo, Provolone, Taleggio, or Fontina cheese, grated
- ½ cup roughly chopped, lightly toasted hazelnuts
- Saba vinegar for drizzling (balsamic vinegar works too)
- Heat the broiler to high.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar with ¼ cup olive oil in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the radicchio and arugula and toss to coat them nicely. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pile the salad on ovenproof plates or an ovenproof platter and top with the cheese. Broil the salad just until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the toasted hazelnuts on top and finish with a drizzle of Saba vinegar. Serve right away.